Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Black Magic Chocolate Cake


Black Magic Chocolate Cake
My wonderful Aunt Renee used to use brewed coffee in place of the water in this cake. It made a great cake but I don't drink coffee and, after I found out what she was putting in it, I stopped eating hers. I think the water works. It does for me and then I don't have issues.) I still think she was a great cook and I still love her.
Ingredients
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c water
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp real vanilla extract
Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans. Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Spread frosting on cooled cakes.

No comments:

Subscribe