Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Henry John Lubbe


Myrna wrote: I am seeking help in finding a marriage date for the following couple.

Husband
Name: Henry John Lubbe
Birth: 11 Oct 1879--Germany
Death: 30 Aug 1969--San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
Wife:
Kunigunda Zahn
Born: 19 Jan 1889--Germany
Died: 27 Apr 1945--San Francisco, California

I actually have two problems. The first one is that in order to seal the above couple I have to have a marriage date. I can't find one. I thought that I might look it up in a newspaper but I can't find an online archive. I went to BYU and they do not have newspapers on film for the approximate time I need. He came to the US in 1903. They were married by 1910 when the first child was born, my uncle's sister. I should have asked more questions while people were alive. They may not have answered anyway. They were faithful Catholics, as are my cousins. We are going to seal my father to my mother and me to them. I thought while we were doing this we could also do the work for my dear aunts and uncles on my father's side. Then the thought came that we could also do work for the parents of my one uncle. There is where the problem comes. I can do the temple work for each of them but I cannot seal them. That seems sad because they were so devoted to each other.

The person that I cannot find is the father of Howard Alfred Hohnstein. I have a last name and an approximate birth date of 1892. I think he was born in Nebraska. Howard was born there on 30 Jan 1912. Howard died on 17 Jan in Santa Rosa, Sonoma, California. He was married to Wilma I Simmons. He was her second husband. She is buried in Brush, Colorado beside her first husband. She died in 1962.

It would help if I had a first name, right? I don't have one. He is my daughter-in-law's great-grandfather. I told her I would try and find the information for her because she is so wanting to be part of something. We have been doing genealogy in my family for generations and we have accumulated quite a bit. Not all, but quite a lot. (You are never done, right?) She knows nothing about her family. She would like to know, so I am working. At any rate, I thought I might find a printed obituary for Howard and that might give the names of his parents. That may be a start. Don't wear yourself out with this. I have spent countless fruitless hours with no result.

Thanks.

M

No comments:

Subscribe