Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

September Diabetes Class Invitation Response

Just emailing you to remind you about our upcoming classes. Thursday 9/6 at 6:00 p.m. - diabetes 101 Thursday 9/13 at 6:00 p.m. - healthy eating/cooking class Hope all is well, Landon Santaquin Pharmacy & Diabetes Center Myrna: Thank you! I really wanted to meet with the dietician. Will she be available on both of those evenings? Landon Hatfield wrote: As I told you on the telephone. She will not be. There is a diabetes class on Wed 9/5 covering physical activity if you're interested. Thanks. Myrna wrote: Thank you. I am not certain I am interested in that one. I will keep walking daily for 30 minutes which, each day, means I have to go farther because I am walking faster. I also garden and do stairs (lots and lots of stairs) but I have always done that or, at least, for the past 12 years. I also have worked Yoga into my routine. I will do Yoga as does one of my daughters in case of rain. I have a couple of DVDs. My daughter is very good at it and I can talk to her. I can usually walk here in Nephi even in the snow. The high school also has an indoor track. I am not worried about the activity now that I am converted to it. I have a tendency to be very OCD about making life-style changes when someone convinces me I need to do so. I am very hopeful of meeting with a registered dietician which has been of untold help to two of my daughters. Neither of them are diabetic but neither of them wants to be. I hope you can help me with that. On of the girl's dietitian (whom she sees monthly) figured out a diet plan for her and helped with the exchange program individualizing it to her. As I have been investigating what I should do, it appears that both BYU and UVSU have diabetics nutrition classes for credit. Of course, I would need to register and pay tuition. I am still angry with myself for using my hypothyroidism as an excuse to put on 20 pounds. I was just so tired all of the time. Weary. I was weary. I see an excellent doctor in Utah Valley for that problem but she did not excuse the weight gain and I should have listened. It took awhile to get the meds regulated but I seem to be doing well with that now. At any rate, thank you.

No comments:

Subscribe