Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Running out of Creativity

I'm running out of creative juices! I cannot think of any interesting title to put for this particular email. Bah.

The weeks just keep flying by. I am amazed by time in general here on my mission. Days pass by like hours, weeks like days, and months like weeks. Argh! Everything is always so fast and so wild, but I guess that life is just that way in general. I guess that I better just get used to it now so that when real life smacks me in the face after my mission, I can handle it. Take it standing. Keep calm. Carry on. :)

This week my companion and I learned some amazing lessons together and when we were working on divisions with our District Leader. We were working really hard this week in order to get to our goal of getting at least 5 families with 1 time at church, a baptismal date, and the message of the Restoration and we were able to see a change in how we were working and how our investigators were progressing. We both recognized that our success was going to be hindered if we did not start trying to get people progressing as our mission standards dictate. I was so happy to see that we were finding different kinds of families and that we were able to have quite marvellous experiences in our lessons. I also noticed that my companion and I have been growing closer together, that we have been teaching in unison more and that we have been happier in general.

We also did divisions this week and I was able to go out with Elder Silva, my district leader's companion. He and I get along really well and we have a lot of fun/work hard together. He is from Costa Rica, and I have some strange affinity for Costa Ricans. Love them. Anyway, he and I went around teaching so many people in his area. We were literally running all over the place looking for some families, trying to find out where others had disappeared to, etc. Finally at night we went and taught this really cool couple that he and his companion had contacted the previous morning. We got there and taught an amazing lesson about the Restoration! It was one of the most amazing lessons I have taught on my mission. The flow was near perfect, the people were listening, they wanted to know the truth, they asked questions and understood the answers. I was just so excited. It meets the journal entry requirements. Haha. 

The work here is progressing, like the families that I am teaching. ;) I am impressed by the minor, but significant, successes that I am having. There is always opposition, so not all of these things were not met without trials, but I would much rather have a few measly problems that pass by and witness miracles than not. Right?

Side note, I am now teaching SO much better in Miskitu (or Miskito to a non-Miskitu tongue). People understand me better and I am able to understand them better than I was before. Blessings. Wow. I remembered this week that when my mission call was on its way I prayed that I would be able to go to a place where I would be forced to learn a language and be humbled. It took me sooo long to realize that was fulfilled! The Lord knows what we want, our real desires, and helps to fulfill them according to our faithfulness and the real necessity of such a desire.

I love you all so much and I love my opportunity to serve here in this place at this time. LOVE IT.

Love,
Elder B


No comments:

Subscribe