Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Please Help With Computer Knowledge


Myrna wrote to Allan Gibson: We are leaving town on Friday afternoon and flying to Colorado and are flying back early in the a.m. on Monday. I will be at county commission meeting. We are going to Kirsten's because our granddaughter is getting baptized and we wanted to be part of the celebration.

So do not worry about the problem I am relaying below until we return.

I think something must be wrong with the router. When it is plugged in, of course, the printer works. But most of the time it is plugged in the internet does not work. If I bypass it and go directly to the back of the computer, the internet comes right up. I have not known what to do with the little machine (Asante Talk) that enables the printer without using the router. It is a conundrum to me how to use both. As you know, there is no room to plug the printer into the back of the computer and so, without using the router, there is no way to plug in the computer. This is all fine and dandy unless, like now, I need to print off my airline tickets from the computer.

I also have another problem I have been dealing with since I got the printer. Whenever there is a bump in the electric power, the printer will not work again until I unplug everything, turn off the printer then turn it on, and start over by plugging in all of the lines one at a time. I have no idea what causes that nor what to do about it. However, right now, the printer will not work because the internet and e-mail would not work with the router plugged in.

BAH!

Also I have had a call in to the sheriff for two weeks about the burglaries. His secretary said they were working on the information. NOTHING!

Myrna addressed the family: It occurred to me that one of you computer geniuses might be able to help me with this problem. Thanks, M

Myrna wrote again: I don't need it. I figured it out for myself. Thanks anyway. M


No comments:

Subscribe