Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Worry!


From: Myrna

I sent individual cards with money inside to each of the children and to each of you adults. I also sent individual cards to the kids with $1 inside for a treat. I sent a package with a couple of books, a DVD and some Christmas ornaments to each family. (I haven't mailed Shawn's yet because I did not know if they were coming for any of the Christmas celebrations or not.) There was supposed to be an adult book included but I ordered them from Kimo a month ago and they still have not come. Scratch that idea. Next year I will just order from Amazon and have them shipped to each of you. Sorry about that. I love you all. Mom

From: Myrna

That is strange. I know I wrote her card because I remember what I wrote inside. LHT and I went to the post office together and he helped me stick on the stamps. Watch and see if it comes tomorrow. If not, let me know. 

I worry every time I do this. Kyle's birthday card came back to me marked "wrong address." It was the right address. So he didn't get it in time. 

Love, M

On Dec 20, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Kimberly Trauntvein wrote:

We got your Christmas cards, today, but not one for Brigitta.

Kimberly has not received Brigitta's card. I still worry after my experience with Kyle. His birthday card was returned because they said I had the wrong address on it. It was the right address. 

From: Kimberly

We don’t know which day for sure.  I think Christmas Day, but it may be Christmas Eve.  We are still trying to figure out logistics. So the ones that say “Open Christmas Day” are? 

From: Myrna

They have $25 inside for each of the kids and more for you and Shawn.

From: Myrna

All of you far away kids got money for your children and yourselves. The money is inside the cards that are marked to not open before Christmas. Even you close by folks got money for yourselves. 

All of the kids should have a card that is to open now. It has treat money ($1) inside. I forgot to put the $1 inside the cards I mailed to the adults. All you got was a dumb letter. I think, doing this stuff on a rush is not the best. Especially since I no longer have a brain. I kept holding on to the books packages waiting for Kimo's order to come in. It still wasn't there Thursday and I didn't dare wait any longer. So I mailed. 

AnnMarie, Julie, Eric and Shawn did not get their book packages mailed. Everyone got cards mailed. If you in-state kids are not planning to be here on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day, let me know and I will mail the books to you. Or we could meet you at your work and trade the packages. Next year, I am ordering from Amazon or Seagull Book and having the packages mailed directly to you. 

The envelopes marked "Open On Christmas Day," have CASH inside. If you don't want to wait for the after Christmas sales, open them ahead of time and take the kids and/or yourselves shopping. 

Some people are getting wrapped gifts. 

Next year, I may just do all money. I stand in a store and look stupid. I have no idea what sort of game systems you have nor what games the kids already have to play. I don't know what any of you are getting them either. I worry about getting Legos, for example, because you might get the same set. 

Dad starts picking up anything that resembles a gift. I mean, he was thinking I should mail all the kids skateboards. Now that would be HEAVY. Besides, who wants them?


From: Melanie

One time when you mailed all the children their envelopes for something, three of the four got them the same day. Two days later we got the other one. That was a very minor inconvenience, and we still received the card. We are fine doing it this way. Checks are better than cash, as you know, because you can cancel a check (although now a days, it is the same price to cancel the check as it is the cash you send). In the future you can send one check to all the children in my house. Send four cards, but one check and they will get what you meant them to have. 

 Mel


From: Todd

Ditto

From: Myrna

That is a good idea. Thanks, m

From: Myrna

You know, I just thought, what if that is the card that no one gets? Love, M

From: Todd, December 22

We got them all today. 

From: Myrna

Whew! That is really great. What about the rest of you? M


From: Kirsten
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:27:23 -0700

We did, too!  Except you must be trying to bribe Whitney, or cause great envyings and strife, because her "treat" envelope had a $5....

hmmmmm

From: Myrna

Did you make it right? Love, M

I TOLD you I was nuts. I hope that doesn't mean that someone who was supposed to have $25 only got $20. M

To Siovhan From Myrna

You should get a card with your Christmas money inside. I have lost my mind, so I hope that it is for $25. If it is not, let me know. Also, a book should arrive for you. Love, Grammy




No comments:

Subscribe