Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Magnificent Seven

Brandon is still working hard on rechartering all the scout troops in our district. He is swamped with work and his boss keeps him very busy. He finally got to have an enjoyable evening thanks to David who sent Brandon and Kyle two Jazz tickets that he could not use because he had to work. The game was fantastic (Jazz vs. Suns) and the debt owed to David increased. (Brandon still owed him for the very long golf game David patiently endured on Labor Day because two 11 year-old boys wanted to go too.)

I am finally finished with the solicitation for murder trial. Sentencing was on November 16th, and this time my name was in the newspapers because my boss couldn't go. I am also done feeding all 30 of the teachers lunch for SEPs at school. (I made pulled pork, salad, rolls, etc.) I am getting increasingly busy in scouts with awards and advancements (there are a lot of meetings in scouts). Work is also increasing and my first rape trial will be December 6th. Tomorrow I am hosting the ward playgroup because I am a homeowner. I am still busing all five of the children everywhere.

Alyssa is preparing for Christmas dance shows and choir concerts. She is still Beehive Pres. and is busy planning activities and attending meetings. She had an overnight birthday party for her and her best friends which was a lot of fun for them (but not for me who had to do creative cooking to suit Alyssa's fancy).

Kyle has had a busy few weeks. He did the merit badge pow-wow at BYU and there is a lot of work that has to be done in between the classes. He also was the only youth speaker at the Aaronic Priesthood Preview (the Stake Pres. chose him probably because he knows Brandon from the high council). He worked a long time getting ready for that. Then he accompanied the primary in singing a song for the primary program on Sunday. That was really stressful for him and me. He did really well. He is growing up fast.

Megan is still really busy with ballroom dance, violin, choir, piano, math, and being a social butterfly. She is getting ready for Christmas shows as well. And now she is going to be in the advanced thinking class again, which I haven't really figured out; it seems like a lot of Mensa-ish logic games. She also accompanied the primary during the primary program, without one mistake. I admire people who can play songs that people are singing to, it is more difficult than just playing on one's own. She is so short that it was hard to see her over the people in front of us, it almost looked like the piano was playing itself.

Matthew has thoroughly enjoyed preparing for Thanksgiving and Halloween. It seems like everything is new to him now that he is experiencing holidays in school. He has been placed in the advanced reading group in kindergarten, which he is enjoying. He wants to read the scriptures at night like the big kids without any help, so he is motivated to learn to read faster than they were. He has a new "best friend" each week, which is just like him.

Rachel is a lot of fun. She has started bringing us random things and a lot of them. For example, while I talked to mom tonight, she brought me all of the DVDs out of the family room, one at a time. She will bring Brandon books and papers (all one at a time) and she is so proud of herself for doing it. I can't figure it out. She is getting molars, so she is quite miserable lately. While I was volunteering at school today calling the children's homes that were absent, she dove off the couch so in the background of the message there is a sudden blood curdling yell. I am sure they will think it is a prank call. Funny girl.

No comments:

Subscribe