Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Butcher, the Baker, and the Mammograph Taker

Life has been about the same (chaotic).

The boys finished flag football so maybe things will slow down; yeah right. We did have the fortune/misfortune of buying a new car recently. Chili gave up the ghost. Big billowing clouds of smoke are never a good thing when you see them coming from your vehicle. Putting $1500 into a 23 year old car just didn't seem like the best thing to do. My sister Jamie's father-in-law buys cars off the auction, so I headed to Vegas to pick up a car. We got a cute little Hyundai commuter car. It's been fun!

Jason is still doing well in school and keeping busy with student council. He also had an opportunity to sing with a small group of children that sang along with our ward choir for a thanksgiving medley.

David is doing better with his reading lately. He's decided he really likes the Goosebumps books, although Mom can't figure out why. He did a great job with his part in the Primary program. He continues to love to draw and is pretty artistic.

Maddie is having tons of fun stamping with mom. She made mom a card that said, "Mom, you make me feel funny inside". I'm not exactly sure what that means and if it's a compliment or not. She has also made cards for Alyssa, Megan, and Aunt AnnMarie, as well as all of her friends in the neighborhood.

AJ stole the show at the primary program. He sat in the front pews with the Sunbeams and sang right out. He LOVES to sing! The thing is as loud as he sang he wasn't screaming and he was on key. On one song he held the last note out super long. It was a little embarrassing, as I looked around and everyone was looking at him and me and chuckling, but it was also just so darn cute. The choir director told me I was just getting him ready for her.

Eric has a new calling in our new ward; ward newsletter editor. This is a great calling for him since he works most Sundays. He is still plugging away on the basement. It's a slow process.

I am in my busiest time of the year as everyone races to get their preventative medicine done before the end of the year and insurance changes, or they lose their flex spending money or the fact that they already have met their deductible. I've ended up giving up several days off in order to appease the surgeons who need needle localizations for surgeries. Ugh! Oh well, it's only temporary. In January it will slow down and I can start preparing for my FDA inspection followed by my ACR accreditation. Maybe I don't really want January to come. I guess we'll just keep plugging away.

No comments:

Subscribe