Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2009

"America's Oldest Worker (CBS News)"‏


Myrna sent a video: "America's Oldest Worker (CBS News)" 104-year-old Ralph Waldo McBurney was recently honored as America's oldest worker at a ceremony in Washington. He talks with Steve Hartman about the key to living a long and satisfying life.

Ann Olsen wrote: Thanks, M!  Reminds me of me -- when he drops the books, forgets what his own theory is!  -- What an amazing positive mindset he has!  I want to follow his theory -- use it or lose it! I can't afford to lose too much more of my brain power!

Is it warming up any up there in Nephi?

Best to you & Leonard,

Myrna wrote: You think YOU drop books (etc., etc., etc.)? I never was the world's most graceful person but I am getting worse. As for remembering things--you knew me when I was younger. Do you remember that I had a great memory? I USED to have a great memory. Not so much anymore. I hope I don't end up in a wheelchair licking my fingers repeatedly. There was an old lady at the senior center who used to sit and do that. She would just lick those fingers over and over. They never wore out.

It was warm for a day or two. It rained and rained. The rain melted all the snow and then it started snowing again. The snow stopped and I am now freezing to death. It is so cold that the ice doesn't melt in the daytime. Love, M

AnnAnn Olsen wrote: Yes, I remember you having a great memory along with all the great things about you!  Great teacher, great mother, great friend, great compassion for everyone and absolutely no guile!  You are just about perfect in my minds eye!

Today I again locked my keys in my car, Of course, I always really try hard to not do that.  I put my keys in the pocket of my purse so I won't forget them.  But, yes, you guessed it, I left my purse in my locked car!  Well, all was not lost because Amber, my daughter-in-law, drove me to my neighbors house to retrieve my spare garage door opener!  The neighbors keep it so that their son can get in my garage to get the lawnmower so he can cut my backyard grass.  Back at my home, I was able to open the garage and then find a spare car key in my bedroom.  Off we then go back to Amber's, I unlock my car, go in her house and leave the garage remote with her because Ryan said he would go over and cut my grass for me while I'm gone to Kingman! Sons are great!

Next I get to my home and drive in the driveway reaching for the garage remove to open my garage.  Yes, you guessed it again!  The remote I left at Ryan's and Amber's was the remote I always keep in my car.  I had left my spare remote in Amber's car!  Another trip back to their house to pickup up my remote!  Some days, I believe my dad was so right when he often would say to me, "I think you would lose your head if it was not hooked on," whenever I would lose my purse or many other miscellaneous things!

I hope the extremely cold weather eases up soon for you!  The very thought of it being so cold is making me shiver!

As for the possibility of either or both of us ending up without all our marbles, perhaps it won't be so bad after all!  Let's encourage our children to put us both together.  No matter our state of our minds, I believe we would be perfectly happy and content enjoying each others company!

Much love to you and Leonard! Ann

No comments:

Subscribe