Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Melanie Comments

I've never really thought about this subject. I would hope that the love that we have for each other would help us to divide up the personal belongings. We love our parents...not their things. I would think if someone wanted the slides, photographs, your poem journals, paintings or whatever, they would allow us to take copies, make prints, etc. We would know that we could borrow things, talk about things and enjoy the stories that come from the items. 
 
Mel



Myrna: Some families handle it well and others do not. I think Dad's family handled it well but, as you know, my one sister did not. It probably pays to talk about things in advance and then everyone knows what is what. Grandma T had a plan and everyone followed it. I have so many things that I just don't know. I am certain you will all want something from Dad. You know, we all hope we will live for many years but, in my experience, just about the time you get to feeling that way (that someone will be here longer); bam! someone has moved into the next world.

No comments:

Subscribe