Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

To Donnette Smith


Myrna wrote: Our family is lucky to have you! Thanks so much for the new information you have found. I think you have a genius for research and, in addition, are guided to the records of those wanting to be found. I wonder how you do it. I just marvel at what you find. How do you even know what record to search? As I said, I am certain you are guided.

You mentioned there had been a lot of intermarriage in some of the small parishes. I think that there was a lot of intermarriage in our church among the early saints. I am surprised to find relatives (on the Pitts and Edwards lines) with the same ancestry back a few generations. In other words, the lines meld. However, on the Edwards' line, I think there may have been some creative genealogy toward the end of the list of families. They claim to date back to Adam. A professional genealogist once asked me: "If you were the genealogist for the king and he told you to trace his ancestry to Adam, what would you do?" You would, to preserve your head, arrive at Adam through Julius Caesar. Which is exactly what they did. At least, up to the king, the genealogy is correct. I will be interested to see, in the final outcome, what is right.

No comments:

Subscribe