Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

Hobble Creek Smith Reunion


The one Smith family reunion was in Hobble Creek Canyon. I had been there many times with Pearle and Fred. I think they liked the Rotary pavilion, but at least it was one of those. I was looking closely at the photos and then compared them with a couple I had of just my kids in that area. I am certain I am right. I wonder if Pearle and Fred arranged that reunion.

 To get there: take the 400 South Springville exit (260) from I-15, turning east on U-77. Go straight through Springville. As you begin to climb the foothills, you'll come to a 4-way stop. Turn right (southward) towards Hobble Creek Canyon. Springville City has three parks located in Hobble Creek Canyon. There are ten pavilions in these parks that can be reserved for a nominal fee. Parks are open April – September, weather permitting. Camping Loop is open through October, weather permitting. The canyon parks are watered and mowed at least once weekly. Your group may be asked to accommodate these activities. In an area where tents are pitched, tents will need to be moved every two days to preserve the grass. Ample parking areas are available. Parking vehicles, trailers or motor homes on the grass is not allowed. The camping loop at Jolley’s Ranch is never included with a pavilion reservation. If you choose to camp there, you will pay the camping fee. Camping in Kelly’s Grove and Rotary Park is only allowed with a pavilion reservation.

No comments:

Subscribe