Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

I Found a Description


Thanks for letting me know where the Hobble Creek Canyon is.

I've found one more direct ancestor. Thomas Mason, who was a taylor in
Bicester, was born 9 Jan 1789 in Bucknell, which is a village next to
Bicester. The register says: "1789 Jan 11 (privately; admitted Jan
18)(born Jan 9) - Thomas, son of Hannah MASON & Thomas FARRIN". So he
was illigitimate. I can't find either parent's ancestry at all. But they
were both married about 1891 to other people. The Bucknell register also
shows that Hannah MASSON (x, otp) married Thomas POWELL (x, otp) on 30
May 1791.[The x means they had to sign with a mark and otp means "of this
parish".] 

I found that Hannah and Thomas Powell had five children, and was able to
trace three of them - half siblings to Thomas Mason - and about 80 of
their descendents. I had a few of the descendents already in my PAF as
they had married people I had traced before. Quite a bit of intermarriage
in those little parishes.

Donnette

No comments:

Subscribe