Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2005

Thanks for coming, Al


Alan Pitts
You have no idea how much your extra-effort in attending Dad's funeral meant to me. It was wonderful having loving people around me. Thank you!

Love, Myrna

Al: I am so glad that I attended. It was wonderful to learn so much about my Uncle Howard. Much of his history crossed my path many times without my knowing. Such as the water tanks he built in Price. I watched those tanks being built and had no idea that it was a relative involved. The joy and happiness was so present it was a real pleasant time for me.

I sat next to my cousin Lenna. I always referred to her and June as my Aunts when they were children of Uncle Leonard, who I never knew. Some of what she told me was a great curiosity to me. One thing, I was a favorite of my Grandmother Pitts, my Father’s Mother. I remember that I was terrified of her. I did remember the sourdough sugar cookies that she baked and they were a real treat. Lenna also remembers those cookies. 

It turned out to be a learning experience for me. I watched your husband and children relate to each other and was immediately very envious of that family closeness that was evident. Where I am as distant from my family as could be, always left out just as I was when I lived at home.

Thanks for sharing that experience with me.

Love you
al

Does anybody have a recipe for those cookies? I've tried to make them from other recipes that I have found but they are never the same. 

You were afraid of her? I was afraid of being hugged by her. She hugged hard and she wore a corset with bones that would smash against my ear. I liked her. I sort of remember her funeral. The dinner afterward was more like a party and we even had cookies (I thought they were her cookies so somebody must know how to make them). We were both really young kids back then. How much do you remember?

No comments:

Subscribe