Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2005

Myrna Keeps on Learning


Well, guess what? Laurel called today and apologized. She said Tom and she did not argue and he did not yell at her, ever. However, he did tell her yesterday that she was clearly in the wrong. He said I had as much right to be in Dad's house as she did. He told her she needed to repent and go to confession. He also scolded her for listening to Charlotte and for getting sucked into the stuff she was saying. He told her that she had been doing a good job as trustee but that she had just blown it and he was upset with her. Today, Sunday, she did not take communion because she had not been to confessional yet. 

She said when she called Charlotte back about the jewelry chest, Charlotte told her that she did not really want the "ugly" thing after all. She just wanted to make a point that I did not have a right to anything. She said Charlotte, by that time, was drunk and, in all likelihood had been drunk all along. She said she just didn't pick up on it.

So I guess, her priest had talked today about being forgiving. You know that President Hinckley did. I told her that it was OK. I did, also, say that I thought it was time to forgive Dad. After all, Edna was the one most injured by his drinking and she forgave him and they had a good marriage after that. If she could forgive him then so should all of us.

Thanks for all of your prayers in my behalf. I love you, Mom
So, I was thinking about the stinker-pot. If she is threatening you with court, just remind her that anything to do with the war is yours to recover in court. And, if they are looking for inheritable items for their children, well... You have eight versus their four. Might I also mention that only one of yours is medicated while all of theirs are.
Todd Trauntvein

No comments:

Subscribe