Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2005

Grandma T. Personal History (Continued from last month)


Dad is upset with me for leaving so much out of my history. I told him I was not writing a book. That is a longer history and is being written. I don’t plan on publishing it but it already numbers more than 20 pages. However, he did think I should mention that I have had a life-long love of learning and that, even when we were “poor as church mice” students at BYU we managed to arrange for me to take a few night classes: one in children’s literature (which our neighbor taught) and other English, journalism
and writing classes. It is something he is proud of. (So why didn’t he put it in his history? Ha, ha.) 

He also wanted me to mention that I have had many positions in the church. I began
teaching Jr. Sunday school when I was 16 years old. I also was the Sr. Sunday School Secretary (a job I hated because of the monthly reports) and was the editor of the ward newsletter. I held that job and the one as teacher until Dad and I, as a married couple, moved from the ward. Since then, I have served in every organization: Primary (as a teacher and as the inservice leader), in Jr. Sunday school as a teacher, in MIA
as the stake speech director, in the Relief Society as a teacher for 25 years and as the president for eight. I am now back in the Primary. Incidentally, all of my R.S. presidency, still in the ward, is now in the Primary with me. Larraine is in the presidency. Dianee and Norma are teachers. Verna lives in California. The next
president, Janet, is the music leader, and her counselors are teachers. Primary must be the place. OK, LHT, enough!

No comments:

Subscribe