Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Information About LHT


Dad is having more surgery. This operation will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at Utah Valley in the same day clinic. Dr. Robert Jackson will try to repair the rotator cuff on his left arm. (I hope it works out better than the one his brother did on his right arm.) The biggest ticket, however, is that he will scrape out all of the arthritis in the joint. So, Dad says, even if the doctor is not able to repair the rotator cuff better than was done on the right arm, he will at least get rid of the pain.

I tease Dad that, when he has pain, the doctors can get rid of it with a scalpel but when I have pain, I just have to learn to live with it. That is not fairly spoken, of course, I could have back surgery if I could find a doctor nutty enough to do it (and I am certain I could) but that is not going to happen. I have found that weighing 123.2 pounds has really helped as has forcing myself to learn to walk through the pain. After I start a long walk, the pain usually clears up and I am good again. That plus the fact that I now use one of those tubular foam exercise forms before I go to bed each night. That really works.

Enough about my aside. Dad had our home teachers come today and give him a blessing. This was the first time for Ben Horrocks, who is leaving on his mission in a couple of weeks. He had studied up and did a really good job. He has grown up and will make a great missionary.

Now all Dad has to do is survive my driving AGAIN. I think I about drove him nuts coming home from the surgery center in Salt Lake after his eye lid surgery. :) It was a good thing he couldn't see what I was doing. They released us during rush hour and he could only feel the car starting, slowing, speeding, etc. I could see it. Ugh and double ugh. But we did live.


Kirsten wrote: Does anyone want to do a family fast? Kirsten

No comments:

Subscribe