Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Don't worry about the flood at our house, family.

Myrna wrote: We will be home Tuesday evening. We have scheduled the same folks who put in the water heater to come and look at what went wrong. They will be there early Wednesday a.m. We love you and all the offers of help. Dad thinks that maybe some sediment built up inside the water heater and blew into the valve blocking it. He wants the guys who installed the plumbing to come and look at it. He is afraid that if we start twisting and turning we may end up in a lot of hot water. :) Literally.

Todd wrote: What flood?

Kimberly wrote: It's fixed. The relief valve failed. Shawn replaced it. Just washing some towels, Toren snow shoveled for you.

Myrna wrote: Wow! Thanks for all the work. We owe you big time.

Kimberly wrote: Not us. Julie did all the clean up. Blessed she found out when she did. Could have been much, much worse.


Myrna wrote: Julie went to the house to mail a bill for dad so that we could pay it from here. Our water heater had malfunctioned and there was water in the basement. It had made it under the stairs and into the family room but she was able to turn off the water heater and lift the carpet so that it would dry.

We certainly appreciate the work. Thanks for replacing the valve, doing the clean-up and shoveling the walks. We are certainly thankful to all of you and are thankful for all of your help. I think Julie was inspired to go downstairs and check the basement. It could have really been a major flood. It was another one of those "tender mercies." I think we owe you, Shawn, the cost of the valve. As I recall, I sort of left the house in a mess as well (the bedroom and office). I had to do news and put away the rest of Christmas from around the house. There were a few other things that HAD to be done as well as the packing. So I apologize for the mess.

Thanks, Kimberly, for the news. I didn't realize that it was you who relayed the good news. I thought, at first, that it was Shawn. Now I know, from Julie, that you worked to make things nice for us. So thank you. I need to apologize. I didn't realize that you and Sorina had also been here and worked. You, Kimberly, helped move that heavy carpet in addition to the other help you provided. I am sorry that I did not know and I would have sent you all a thank-you note. I do love you.

Thanks also to AnnMarie for meeting Julie and working with her earlier.



No comments:

Subscribe