Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

I need to know what you think.

From Myrna: Some of you think that Dad and I spend too much on each of you, adults, for Christmas. I really like doing what I do. I will change and give everyone the same $25 if you will all agree to do the same for Dad and I. 

You will need to let me know. I put $200 of my $400 paycheck away each month. I work at the paper because I like to spend my money on my family (and pay tithing).

Kirsten: 
Mom, 

I think that is a personal decision for you and Dad to make.  I think most of the concern is that people don't want to be an undue burden on you and want you to be able to quit the paper when you want to without having regret for not having as much to give each of us.  Know that we are happy always receiving whatever you choose to give, whether that be the amount you already send or a chocolate kiss and a hug. :)  I also think most of us feel as those President Uchtdorf spoke of during the Christmas Devotional: Grateful Recievers...  http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/christmas-devotional/2012/12/the-good-and-grateful-receiver?lang=eng

We love you!  We love your gifts, but mostly we love the gift of love and sacrifice you have given and still give to each of us and our children!

That's my two cents.

Kirsten

Kimberly wrote: $25 is more than plenty

No comments:

Subscribe