Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Siovhan Move

Myrna wrote: Is Siovhan all settled now? I hope she found her ward, a good grocery store and knows her way around. It takes time to really snuggle in and feel comfortable.

Melanie wrote: We did attend her ward. Her Bishop and Relief Society President are fabulous. It was a tough move. We did all the packing and her former Bishop and Home Teacher came by to help us load the furniture. I had all the boxes and things in the truck all ready. When we got to Beaverton (Portland suburb), the Bishop had told Howard to have us there by noon...he told the EQ President we would be there at 11. The EQ President showed up and didn't see us. He waited for twenty minutes. We drove in at 11:30. We just missed each other. I had to hire two Latin/Americans to help us haul the furniture into Siovhan's apartment. We did the rest of the work. Unfortunately, that meant that I had less time to help her put things away. 

We got most of the stuff done, she has three boxes of books and all her clothes to sort out. I had to glue and nail her dresser together, her Bishop broke the top off. Therefore, she couldn't put her belongings away until the glue dried. 

She is now trying to adapt to being awake when the world is asleep and vice versa. I have been more worried about that and the effects on her health than I have been about any other thing. I just remember how hard that was for dear Kirsten.

Love, 
Mel

No comments:

Subscribe