Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Auntie Helen is Ill

Leonard wrote: Your Auntie has been in the hospital since Saturday. Just thought you should know. Love you, Dad

Myrna wrote: Auntie Helen has been in the hospital since Saturday night. She admitted herself to Murray Hospital because she had a great deal of abdominal pain. She called Auntie Eva and had Jim and David Dixon come and give her a blessing on Sunday. She let Auntie Eva call Uncle Don, Nanci and us. She did not want anyone else to know and she definitely does not want to end up being a topic of conversation nor does she want calls. 

Dad called her and she told him that she did not want ANY visits or calls or flowers or cards and that she did not want all of her friends and neighbors to know. 

You can't keep a good man down, however, and so Dad has been calling her. She had a blocked bowel. They did an MRI and found she also has a lump in her abdomen and spots on her liver. They did a liver test today, Tuesday, but will not have the results until later this week. I have no idea when she will go home nor what the lump may be nor what else they are going to do. 

Apparently, you really can't keep a good man down because, when Dad called tonight, Jim Dixon was there and answered the phone. Anyway, she doesn't want any fuss but I told you in spite of that. I know, I know, I never follow the rules. You can all chide me. I do keep some secrets. I just have to think that it is more important to do that than to not do that. I have been pondering about what I should do. 

I decided to let you know but urge you to not call. That way, you will, at least, be prepared if the news is not good and can pray, as am I, that it will be good news. Auntie Helen has been a good sister to me and I am worried about her.

No comments:

Subscribe