Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

Talk Over All Your Ideas

Myrna wrote: Talk over all your ideas with AnnMarie and Julie. They both have concerns with sites. I didn't used to but, last week, I typed my name into google because I was looking for an article I had written a number of years ago. I found it, no surprise. I also found, on public access, three e-mails I had sent to others from my sisna account way back then. They were word for word--my reply to one and the email they had sent me--and I started to think that once something is on the web it is on the web. I don't know if I am just worried of ghosts and goblins but it did make me think.

Of course, that being said, I have sent the photos via email.

Kirsten wrote: I still think we can upload a majority of photos using a secure site.  We could leave those with ams and Julie's kids off.  Most of the photos I think the majority of us want are the younger years of our family and genealogy type photos.  What does everyone else think?


David wrote: Wow so many email strings consisting of the same subject...lol. I hope we can merge to this one string.

My two cents: I prefer a cd or I could do the storage site. The email could work for me, only if I create a new Gmail address that would be used just for pictures. My desk time is limited and I would like to go through the pictures at my own pace and organize them into folders. Don't know if that helps?

Love ya all or all ya all
David


Myrna wrote: Dad thinks I am nuts for even doing the photos at all: "When we die, if they want them, they can copy them. It will give them something to talk about for a few days. If we make it another 10 years, the technology will be so much better you'll wonder why you wasted your time." You noted who started this email business (me). Sixteen people communicating. 

I appreciate your opinions. Thanks for sharing. Most of you were much calmer than I was.

I actually appreciate everyone's opinions. Well, there are some exceptions. I do not like listening to some of the politicians' opinions but I get paid to do that. I think a few people on the national scene are nuts and I don't get paid for that. I think it is wisest for mom to not have opinions. I also think the sky is usually blue but I could be wrong.



No comments:

Subscribe