Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

CD Vs Other Methods of Transferring Thousands of Photos


CDs are the preferred method of transferring photos from my hands to yours, at least, of the majority of you. Most of you have no trouble accepting emailed photos but you do get tired of having to deal with email when you have had a long day working. I guess you can look at CDs on the computer when you feel like it.

The concern with the site is that you all have to have a password and that never works with our family. I don't know why, it just doesn't. Tell me how many of you visited MyFamily.com? How many of you visit "I Heard It Trough the Trauntvein" our family blog site? Once again, I am betting, it is because you can't remember your password. You need to make it something simple, that you can remember.

You are all worried about the expense of burning CDs. That is the least of my concerns. I certainly can afford $20 once a month for a container of 20 CDs. My concern was the time and Dad's complaints about how much time I spent doing it. Getting a CD ready to print takes some time and then 5-7 minutes per CD (about an hour) to burn them takes a bit more. I usually start them burning and then work on other projects in the office because, just as sure as I leave, the stupid CD will decide that it is unprintable and I have to eject it, throw it away, and insert a new CD. That never happens if I stick around. (And don't tell me it is because of the brand of CDs I use. I have tried several brands.) Dad said he will be content with the time issue because it is evident that you all want the CDs.

Burning CDs is like doing dishes. You think you are done and things are looking nice and then you have to start over again. In the kitchen, someone gets a drink and there is a glass to wash and at CD burning time, someone sends a great photo. Oh well. At least I am not dealing with bees like Dad and Jim.

However, Kirsten, I liked the site that you started and, if we want to post a few photos there from our ancient pasts and see how well the family uses it, it might be worth a gamble. AnnMarie doesn't want any of her kids' names attached to any of the photos. Neither does Julie. It is great being loved in small town America. That means that everyone will need a password.

     

No comments:

Subscribe