Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Am Ready for the Jacket!

I am already nuts, but, I am getting worse. Soon I will be the whole nut TREE. Some of my high school friends, however, tell me I have always been like this. We work together at the temple. I suppose they should know. They have known me longer than Dad has.

Melanie, Jim and Julie want you to use their new truck that seats six rather than rent a car. I thought I was going to use their black truck and that you could then use our truck but I was wrong. You will use their new truck. NOW I really do need to know when you need to be picked up at the airport.

Shawn, we have a dumb new cellphone system. Apparently it hangs up on people and then, when they try to call back, it just goes right to voice mail.  It doesn't beep us or anything. In addition, it won't call back. Jim and Julie signed a family contract until October and then it is gone.

Kirsten, show this to Dad. I don't know what is happening with Auntie's party. I thought Nanci was doing everything except for getting the church. Apparently I was wrong. Auntie Eva called a talked to me for an hour. She is quite concerned because I have not sent her the photos Jim and Carma need. She doesn't think they will have time to do it now. It took them eight-months to do hers. Also, I got a facebook post from Nanci and she wants to know what we have done.

For all the Utah kids, Dad will be home for Father's Day. I think that most people coming will be here after their churches let out but just when, I am not certain. Does anybody want to tell me that and I will know when to feed people. Eric works until 4 p.m.

For all those coming to the family reunion on the Fourth, we have the campground from Friday through the Fourth. Fireworks in Nephi will be Monday evening but they will be at a different location after they set a field and a driveway on fire last year.

Anniversary. Dad and I are surprised and happy that we survived together for nearly 50 years. Our actual anniversary is on September 9. We are not so worried about a party. We are just happy to still be together. 

If Dad goes first, I will manage to live alone and will not need to be babysat. When I get too old, put me in a home. Dad says the same goes for him.

AnnMarie, Dianne and Shirl are likely no longer my friends. They think that Eric was arrested falsely and that the charges against him will be dropped because he was only with the ones selling and was not selling himself. She said the newspaper, meaning me, made him look like a criminal. If she is right, I will, of course, print that. I have been collecting the sentencing records from the first 50 arrested. Most of them were sentenced to prison but then the sentence was reduced to somewhere between 160 to 240 days in the county jail with work release. Is that the common sentence?

AnnMarie wrote:
My reply:
We will be coming on Sunday.  We get out at 2:00.  We can bring a side dish or rolls or something else.  Maybe he would like some funeral potatoes.  I could do a couple batches.
 
I wouldn't worry about the Nichols yet.  See what happens in the process.  If we are unable to prove our case, then something can be done in print to follow up.  I imagine it is very difficult for them.  I am sorry they are going through this.

Sentences are as varied as the people themselves.  There is an entire matrix to determine what the sentence will be for any given defendant with many components including whether someone is on probation, prior felony convictions, prior misdemeanor convictions, what level of crime is being sentenced (felony 1, 2, or 3, or misdemeanor), and the list goes on.  It is common for a judge to impose the statutory sentence of prison for felonies, and then suspend it and order jail time, probation, fines, drug assessment (if applicable), and other sanctions.  Also, I would double check the sentences on the first 50 -- I think it is not common for them to have work release.  I was told that no one has done work release for two years, but don't quote me.  I am fairly certain that a few went to prison, but don't quote me.
 
AnnMarie

No comments:

Subscribe