Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust


Another week full of stories and another digital page that makes me feel that my words just cannot express to you all what has happened to me this week. I have been learning, growing, doing, being, stretching, trying...so many different things! One week flies by so quickly, then the months start adding up. I've started to realize that life is not just the mission. I've realized this week, with a few of my friends having gone home already, that there is life after the mission, like this will all end and I will be starting a new chapter in life. It is rather strange to be on your mission and realize that life is going to be different. I assume that it is somewhat like life after kids have grown up and moved away from home, after all one gets quite accustomed to the routine: bedtimes, making meals, brushing teeth, praying/reading scriptures as a family, sporting events, music programs, church, church activities, etc. The list could extend forever, but my intention is not to bore, rather to uplift and inspire.
 
So, Where is Elder Bolton really going with this story?
 
This week is when I realized that I am doing something extremely important in my life. I am becoming. I am forming lasting habits, ones that will help me in my entire life to be the father I want to be, be the best husband I want to be, be the leader the Lord would have me be, and be the son my Father knows I can be. I am reading my scriptures daily and learning new and amazing things. I am praying meaningful and heartfelt prayers so many times during the day. I am filling my head with thoughts and ideas of how to help others, how to be a better missionary, and how to be a better companion to my companion. To me this is all miraculous: from such small and simple changes life becomes amazingly more significant and one can truly become who they are supposed to be.
 
Even though life may be difficult I know that it is possible to make it through tough times. This week was rather difficult with the families we're teaching, with the zone, overall lots of things went wrong. However, I am still happy and I had the opportunity to experience some cool revelations (kinda personal...to be shared at another time).
 
One Saturday night Elder Lundquist and I were left making Tang for an activity; well, making it and putting it into about 500 little plastic bags to hand out to people with 500 pieces of bread. We stayed up SO late preparing this litte treat for the members that I ended up sleeping like 3 1/2 hrs and working the next day, Sunday, the toughest day of the entire week, for 15 1/2 hrs straight. Talk about tough. I only got super tired like once during the day. It was at my weak point and it was pretty fresh outside sitting down while talking to a family. I was starting to doze off and then my companion indicated to me that it was my turn to teach. Hahahaha. That was pretty funny. I must have looked high...I was out of it. But after that I was fine! It was rather amazing. I was able to realize some ways to improve my missionary work, ways in which I can teach better and help people with their difficulties better.
 
Well, I am super happy and excited to have more successes and top learn and grow more this week. I have run out of time, as it is getting rather late. I do want to to know that I love you all and hope that you are happy. Follow your inspirations and your paths in faith and you will receive blessings for your obedience.
 
Love, Elder B

No comments:

Subscribe