Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Great Reason to Nap


Beth Durfey 10/19/10 
To: L H TRAUNTVEIN

My father used to take 10/15 min. naps 2 to 3 times a day. I was worried about this and wondered if something was wrong with him so I asked my Dr. what could be making my dad so such a thing. He told me it was good for my dad and that he would probably out live us all because of this habit he had. I guess I should have asked dad instead of the Dr. but I was embarrassed to ask him. Anyway I got my answer, it was good to have these power naps. They sure did help him. He learned this at work apparently and also in NZ when he was temple Pres. and could not leave the temple as dad was the only sealer at the temple for 2 yrs. He left once and came back to find a couple  came in an were waiting for him, He never left the temple again, he was so embarrassed to have someone wait for him. He had to go to the dentist that day. Never again. How easy out temple Presidents have it in the US and maybe now days, when they make sure that there are sealers available. At least I hope they do in all these little temples around the world. Dad & Mom had a long hard 5 yrs. but one that was very close to the Lord. Then they came home and spent another 4 yrs. in the Alberta temple as Pres. & Matron. That was a good 9 yrs. in the Celestial Kingdom, is how my Mom put it. The day they were released the pain hit my Mom, she said the jolt of being in the Celestial Kingdom and then hitting the Telestial again were very hard for her. 

Talk again.



   

No comments:

Subscribe