Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Matthew's Baptism‏


Matthew's Baptism‏
3/10/09

OK, so now all of you know that I cheat when I send family emails. I usually just "reply to all" from one of Mom's but change the subject and erase the original email so I don't have to look up all the addresses. This is how the email is supposed to look.

I had hoped to prepare formal invitations/announcements for Matthew's baptism, but have not been able to do so. Matthew has decided to be baptized and it was scheduled by the stake for March 28 at 10:00 am at our stake center on the corner of 700 North and 600 East. We know that most of you cannot attend because of either location, vacation, or vocation, but please understand that our thoughts will be with you that day and we know that you support us in this event.

We will have a lunch afterward at our house. The girls and I will have to zip back to Spanish Fork because they have a dance competition that day, and we have the YW broadcast that Alyssa and I have tickets for (and hope to be able to leave for at 4:30). So you will not need to plan a lot of time for the event.

Matthew cut his hair in math class yesterday for the event, and we are hopeful that it will be recovered by his baptism. He woke up this morning and told me it had grown overnight so it was going to be OK. But last night, after I picked him up from the babysitter's, he finally got to see it. He laid on the floor and cried that he looked like a "dork" and kept begging me, "Can't you just homeschool me?" He is a funny, funny boy. And to think that the worst thing I did in math class was talk too much. Who knew that it was a good time to do a little (or a lot) of personal grooming? I asked him what he did with the hair and he said that he just lightly scooted it onto the floor. I guess that was some pretty hairy math. I asked him what his classmates did and he said they just looked at him. (I'm sure they were a little stunned, or it was the freak-show effect where they couldn't believe it but they couldn't look away either.) I don't even know what the teacher was doing or how she explained to the janitor large chunks of blonde hair on the floor, particularly since she is has auburn hair.

Love, AnnMarie

Myrna wrote:

Dad says that is how you learn consequences. I say, HA! Some kids just don't need scissors as part of their growing up years. Did you say he was going to have a Butch for his baptism?

I didn't ever cut my hair, just my clothes, and that was by accident. I would hold my paper doll clothes on my lap and cut. I lost a beautiful skirt that way. I do think, however, that once I could not comb down Garth's cowlick so I cut it off. Maybe I just dreamed that. (I hope!)

From: Melanie

Being the mother of a self-proclaimed beautician, school can be such an enlightening place. I love the part about homeschooling. I think there were a few times where Siovhan would have liked that option, after giving herself a makeover.

We love you AnnMarie. What a good sense of humor you have!

Mel

No comments:

Subscribe