Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2007

Are You Still There?


Myrna wrote: Barbara, are you still among the living? There is so much smoke between there and here, you can never be certain that the state is still intact. Love, M

Yea! I'm still here. Did the kids send you the pictures of the house? If not, I will forward them. Bree was having trouble sending them, maybe you can tell her how to make them small so they aren't such big files. You are the expert in the family. Her email is lovelizardluck77@yahoo.com. She has applied for a part time job with the hospital there as a receptionist and check in person. She is so excited. David is working hard and she says he loves his job. The kids are great. I'm sorry. I know you know all this, but all I can talk about is them. 

I am doing OK. I miss them so much. It is like I need to be doing something or going somewhere and then I realize I don't have to do either and I'm just left hanging, like what am I supposed to be doing with my life now. Oh well, I guess that will go away with time. 

Write to me. 
Love you, Barbara

I miss them also. It seems so far away. I actually do not think, in spite of what David said, that she needs to reduce the photos in size. I think she can just send a few at a time. I get the other kid's photos and only one knows how to reduce. That is a bit complicated since you have to go into photoshop, go into image and tell it to resize and what size you want it to be. I think they would be just fine. I send regular size, as you have noticed, and just send two or three at a time.

Yes, please forward the photos. I will appreciate it.

Myrna wrote: I am also at loose ends. This is a "wait for something to happen that is controlled by someone else" summer. I will also, I suppose, get used to it. After all life is full of adjustments. I remember my dad saying that he just got used to having lots of grandkids around and then they were all grown up and too busy for many visits.

Have you made a friend or two at work to go to a movie with? That helped my grandmother when I got married and left home. She was lucky to have lived in the same area for many years and had good neighbors and other retired teacher friends. Of course, in Price, you could just go outside on a summer evening and sit on the porch and someone would come across the street or next door and sit with you. That is also what my dad's neighbors did. That is who found him dead that morning--his neighbors. Well, they sent for my brother-in-law, Mike Anderson, who is the one who went inside. He found him alive and Dad got up, took a shower, dressed and sat in his chair. When he did not come outside, as expected, Mike returned and found him dead in his easy chair by the kitchen door. It is, of course, much cooler in Price than in St. George. People in St. George would not want to sit outside, I am certain. Wow! You have had hot, HOT temps. You aren't cooked, are you?

Remember, you have an open invitation to come here.

Love, M

No comments:

Subscribe