Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Pictures and Names from Donnette Smith


I'm glad you found some of the pictures.

For years Richard used to visit all the relatives and copy their pictures. I found 35 mm negatives of: 

1. the men with guns in STREET clothes Newspaper picture reprinted years later: "The above young men of Springville were the first to offer their services when the governor called for volunteers to go to the Mexican border and quell the trouble with Ponchio Villa in 1916. Later with the exception of Ray Smith the same group were mustered into service for World War I. Top row: Ted Pennington, Claude Smith, Elmer Fullmer, Dewey Snelson. Bottom row: Ray Smith, Frank Diamond, Arnold Randle, Glen Allan and Leslie Peterson." I have negatives -we copied this picture from Pearle and Fred Smith and also from Tom and Dolly Smith.

2. Negative of group picture that had the corner cut out.

I don't have any printed pictures. I used to have the newspaper clipping mentioned above but can't find that. It had been in Richard's Dad's things - Herbert W. Smith. Did I send it to you?

I think I must have sent you all the prints I had after I scanned them for the CD.

Donnette

No comments:

Subscribe