Search This Blog

Sunday, September 17, 2006

BYU Wants Photos



Dear Myrna,
Did you get a letter from BYU about your grandfather being a Mexican Border Volunteer. I took so long getting Richard's rememberances of the war ready to send - and just sat on it for so long - and finally got it mailed last week. I had Richard's remembrances and pictures and Claude's and Raymond's pictures and the pages you and Richard signed giving them to BYU. Anyway - Richard got a letter from them which I will enclose. I hope you can read it.
Donnette


Donette: Did they say what kind of scans they needed? JPEG or TIFF or ---?

Are you supposed to email the new scans or send them on a CD? Did I send all those pictures to you? I don't seem to have them in my files?
Donnette
Myrna: They want them as JPEG. They want them to be large and clear so they want them scanned in 600 dpi or better. I have all the photos except for the one that has all of the volunteers in uniform. I think that you must have sent that one to me. You can either e-mail it to me in the larger format or directly to them at saintsatwar@byu.edu.
I need to know what you want to do. 

You know, I think I remember that photo and remember having it but I put all of those old photos into the acid-free clear sheets and mounted them on acid-free paper when we were working with them earlier. I just can't seem to see that one and all the others are together. I will keep looking today.

Do you have a photo of the men with their guns where they are not aiming them? I understood from the caller that they wanted that one. The one I have has them holding the rifles but aiming them.

Love, Myrna

No comments:

Subscribe