Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Fantastic Five

Well it is August again and we are definitely getting hotter down in St. George. We spend all our time working and when we are not working, at the pool.

Arbree is starting to feel her age and David makes fun of her on a daily basis that she is getting closer and closer to 30. I keep telling him 29, 29, 29 but he just smiles and nods his head. As all of you know this can be very infuriating. 

Grandma Barbara has been under the weather but seems to be doing better in the long run. She needs to go to the doctor. A little help here please. She is as stubborn as most of the Trauntveins. I keep telling her that I married into the right family. 

Erin starts school on the 12th and is already planning her wardrobe and is more excited about school shopping than about school. I think she is going to be a handful when she gets older. She is such a little girl already. Donovin I think is a little jealous and is feeling left out so
mom's going to have to plan some special things for him. Dad wants Erin to ride the bus. Both Grandma and Mom are not so sure about this. I think she might be a little to young yet. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. I cannot fathom a 6 year old riding the bus yet all by herself. I guess if someone is there to pick her up.

We have decided to put Donovin in either Pee Wee Football or Little league Baseball or Tee Ball. He has aggression that we have decided needs a positive outlook. We are also looking at karate or Judo, but I think we have to wait till he is fully potty trained. He is doing well when we remind him. If we don't I think he forgets.

So this is another month to look forward to and we are doing well. I have been doing ok with my sobriety. I have slipped a couple of times but I am trying. I am in intensive therapy group three times a week. A program that I found myself to help me cope with the daily stresses in my life. I have been going to three sessions a week for three hours a night and have focused on staying sober and happy. David has been very supportive and I thank the family for standing by me and doing all they can to be supportive in my recovery. I hope that you are all well and we love you and can't wait till the Labor Day camp out. We have both been planning on it and are very excited. It will be good to see everyone before this year is out.

Happy Wanderings.

No comments:

Subscribe