Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2005

The Butcher, The Baker, and the Mammograph Taker in June


Well, Hello from the Eric Trauntvein family. 

What to say about Eric, he is his normal crabby self. He has been seeing a dermatologist for his hands and they have decided that it is psoriasis after all. This has been a little discouraging for him, knowing that he has it for life. He says that he’s feeling a little like Job.

I was so busy in April with my big FDA inspection for work that I really didn’t write much. I swore that I was going to better this month, but once again the month seemed to get away from me and I’m here at the last minute trying to get mine article done. Life has been as crazy as always. My washing machine died, Jason had strep and of course we had the end of the school year with all that that entails. Consequently I feel like I am going to lose my mind. I don’t currently have a calling in our ward, but I have been doing a lot of substituting in primary, so I am still busy there.

Jason has done very well in his schoolwork. He just finished 3rd grade and is reading on a 6th grade level. He was the third in his class to pass off his multiplication math facts, this from the boy who at the beginning of the year cried because he “hated” math. Jason has also been busy being daddy’s helper in the yard. We are still working on the landscaping and Jason is always willing to help. He and David also love to dig in the dig pile that’s just on the other side of the fence. Of course if they are there then AJ thinks that he should be also.

David has also done very well in school He’s reading very well and has an incredible memory for interesting little tidbits about sharks, insects and a few other things that have caught his fancy. He has loved his teacher Mrs. Waterfall and school. She had a special link with him. It has made a big difference for him this year. David is such a loving big brother to AJ. Aj has wanted to start sleeping on the floor in Dave’s room so that he can be close to him. I think that he is looking forward to being baptized and also to being able to start cub scouts.

Maddie graduated from Starbright kindergarten. She had an assessment with a kindergarten teacher at the public school who had told us that she would assess her so that we would know where she was at. However when she tested her she sailed through it so easily that she took her right to the principle and recommended that she be put into 1st grade. She’ll be in an advanced reading group as well. She loves to read and is very excited to be going on to 1st. Maddie is very helpful when she WANTS to be but she also has a stubborn streak. My dad is always telling me that Maddie looks just like her Trauntvein aunts. Especially Kirsten. I would have to say that she also has their temperament. She is definitely a feisty one.

AJ is a very busy boy. He thinks that he should do everything for himself that is except use the toilet. His attitude toward that is “I did that” I am hoping to convince him that by using that toilet instead of diapers he would be more independent. We’ll see, it may still be a while till my last is potty trained. AJ thinks that he should be able to everything that his older brothers do, which includes going to neighbors a couple of blocks away and not having to be directly supervised every minute at the Children’s Museum or dinosaur museum. That doesn’t really work for me though. He took off through a group of adults’ legs at the museum and by the time that I got through I couldn’t find him. It took me 20 minutes to find him because there were 3000 people in the museum that day. When we found him all he said to me was “I’s lost”. The kid needs a leash.

As you can see, two careers, four kids, two schools, cub scouts, homework, housework, yard work and church has kept us running Some days I would like to sit down for just a couple of minutes. Fat chance. Should you mange to track us down; we would love to chat with you.
Amy (801) 367-0825
(801) 714-6541 work
Eric (801) 722-9950

No comments:

Subscribe