Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

One down and more to go.


Dad/Gramps had a colonoscopy this a.m. They found another polyp. They removed it surgically and we will have the biopsy report and see the doctor again on Monday afternoon. I guess he is just going to keep growing these things in his colon so he will be having the test every other year instead of one every ten years like the rest of folk do. Poor guy. Once every ten years is often enough to suffer. It is not the test; it is getting ready for the test.

We met with the eye surgeon yesterday. They are going to do his eyes one at a time. First they will take the cataract off the right eye. Then they will do a laser repair of the left eye. When he was 14 he scratched his eye with a knife when one that he was putting away popped up out of the drawer. He has had a scar since then. So that will be repaired and then, a few weeks later, they will remove the cataract from his left eye. Then he will be able to see again like a young man for the rest of his life. That is good news.

I am losing it. He will be healthy and I will be nuts or, at least, have no memory. I sent Erin a birthday card so it would be there on her birthday. I sent Kyle and Benjamin's birthday cards shortly thereafter. I sent Laurel's and Michael's cards the same time. The problem was that I didn't put the birthday money in Kyle's card. I haven't heard from Ben, since they can only communicate once a week, what I may have done to his. I also haven't heard from Erin or anyone else what I might or might not have done. I am not sending another card to anyone unless Dad/Gramps is here to watch me so that I will know what I have done. Two witnesses should be good. At least, I hope. I would say it was because I was getting old but I have always been this way. I have done this before, as you all know. But I think the cure is to have someone check up on me. Hopefully, I didn't put money in Laurel's card. That would be a shock for her. We just exchange cards, not money.

Melanie wrote: Any consolation...Howard usually has multiple polyps and has to have the procedure every three years. His mother died of colon/ liver cancer.

Myrna wrote: The doctor told us that as long as they get them small, they usually haven't developed into cancer yet. Is that what they tell Howard? Of course, he says, sometimes they do, so early detection is the name of the game.

No comments:

Subscribe