Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Lucy Jones' Nephew Joe (Houston) is making his own video game!‏


Lucy Jones wrote: Hi Everyone!
     This is my sister who has sent this e-mail to me, and I'm forwarding it on to all of you.  Some of you may have already gotten it from another source.  I think it's pretty neat, and I'm very proud of my nephew.  He's a very intelligent boy with a lot of ambition.  
     Enjoy the beginning of the ride with him!

Hi,
   I don't know if I have already told you about Joe (my son) and his latest exciting adventure!  He and his team are striking out on their own to put out their own video game.  They do this with the approval of Arkane Studios, Joe's former employer.  They have been very supportive of his effort.  Shana (my daughter-in-law), has also been very supportive of this venture, and she describes her feelings about it so well below that I am forwarding excerpts from her email in the body of this one.  
   If you could forward this email to any video game-lovers you know, Joe would really appreciate it.  NO pressure to contribute, by the way, but you might be interested in looking at what he has put together so far.  I'm not a video-gamer myself, but I am proud of Joe and how hard he has been working on this project.
Estella

From: Shana Lanzetta <lanzetts@gmail.com>
Subject: Joe is making his own video game!

Hi everyone!

Okay, so I'm not sure if everyone knows but Joe quit his job two months ago to pursue making his own games.  He's spent the last two months getting his kickstarter campaign together in the hopes that he will get to finish making this game.  He's got 30 days to raise the money he needs in order to do this. 

It's been hard on us all with a toddler and with him pulling extra hours - meaning I'm also pulling extra hours.  But all of that seems worth it for what he stands for and what he wants to do.  Check out his game and his company Roxlou Games.

For $15 of support you get a copy of the game when it's finished and all the tools he used so if you are so inclined you can make your own mod (and a note about kickstarter, you only have to pay if the total goal is reached).

I'm so proud of him and excited!  Please check out his campaign and share with all your friends.

Thanks!
Shana

From Joe:

Friends & Family,

The Kickstarter campaign for our indie game "Unwritten" has just launched.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1599677835/unwritten-that-which-happened

I won't distract you with the project details since they're all there in the link above. I will say that if you got this email you're in our "first tier" of friends and supporters. This means that we care an awful lot about you and want you to see what we've been working on the past few months.

It also means that you sharing this link is vitally important to our success. No matter how you share, (e.g. Facebook, Reddit, email, tip submissions to gaming sites, plain old word of mouth), it's all good stuff. Getting exposure will be our biggest challenge, and you can help us get started.

Also be sure to "like" our project page on Kickstarter, and back us with a contribution. If possible this is best done early in the campaign. A strong initial showing increases our chances of being noticed as a "staff pick" or "popular" project, further increasing our chances for the future.

Thank you. I've already asked for a bunch of stuff, but you might also wish us luck!

Joe
   

No comments:

Subscribe