Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

Dratted Letter

Myrna wrote: Next year, Kirsten, I am shipping the newsletter to you before I print. I printed the first 50 after Dad read it and said it was clean. It was missing a period. I fixed that and printed another 50. I was reading along and I have "author" twice in the same sentence. It is enough to drive me to the brink. I fixed that for the next printing. I don't see my errors. I need a good editor. Dad doesn't see my errors either, until they are in print, then he notices. UGH! Oh well, I suppose it is alright to look like an idiot. If the shoe fits. . . I've spent my life learning English and when I die, we will speak Adamic. (Apparently, I have not learned to be a proofreader.)

Kirsten Trauntvein Waite wrote:  Hahaha momma! Every editor needs an editor. Didn't you remember that? Especially if the proof reading editor recently had eye surgery.


Myrna wrote: The proofreading incident was BEFORE the eye surgery.

Kirsten Trauntvein Waite wrote: Apparently that surgery was really needed... . Lol. Love you, Mom!

Sonya Sue Sudweeks Gibson wrote:  As you have figured out in previous years I don't do the Christmas card thing . . . But I do want to tell you how much I enjoy reading yours and hearing how everyone is doing! I very much appreciate your friendship.

No comments:

Subscribe