Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2012

Is Bree Ill?

Melanie wrote: Mom, why is Bree in the hospital?

Bree may have tried to take her own life. She may have used her prescription. It had been newly filled. There were 50 pills in the bottle. It may not be that that is what happened. She may not have really taken all of them. She was deeply depressed and may have taken a few to try to feel better. However, when David returned from work, he took her to the hospital because she appeared to not be well. David is home with the children and is taking the next day or two off while he determines what help he might need or what he might need to do. We have offered to take the kids, to go and stay there or to do whatever else is needed. 

I told him I would not tell all of you about this but he said there was nothing secret about it so he did not care if I did. Last spring she tried to cut her wrists with an old soda pop can. She seems to be cycling with the bipolar disease but none of the meds seem to work for keeping her from cycling into the deepest depression. David has more questions at this point than he has answers. I am certain that is also true for Bree. She does not choose to be ill.

I want you all to know that LHT and I love them all. We cannot imagine what it must be like to be in her shoes.  We just pray that some one of the doctors may find the necessary treatment and that all will be well. 

Melanie wrote: I called to talk to him about the dog and camping in November in Texas. He has good ideas. I will be using some of them. I love that little boy.

No comments:

Subscribe