Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hello From Michael at the MTC


Here's Michael's first email letter to us.  Don't know if he sent it to anyone else, so here it is if you didn't get it.  The P.S. section is pretty cool.  An easy way to write him a letter without having to mail it, and he only gets to read his emails once a week and only gets 30 min on the computer at that. Enjoy!
Amy

From: Michael Trauntvein [mailto:michael.trauntvein@myldsmail.net]
Hi everybody, it´s me!

I am doing greatñ I hope you all are doing well.  There is something wrong with my computer, so there may be a few weird characters here and there in this email.  Today is the third day of MTC. It´´s not our P'day, but the Branch President told us to email our families anyway.  I sent a letter yesterday, so it should arrive in a few days.  I´´m only supposed to tell you that I´´m alive and they´re feeding me well, so yeah.  The days are long, but the time has flown by already.  We´re all having a great time.  My letter tells you about my district and companion, etc. so I won´t waste much time on that now.  Classes are hard; all they speak is Spanish. Nevertheless, I´m picking it up very quickly and can speak it quite fluently already.  The rest of my district always comes to me for help.  I´m the junior companion in my companionship for now, but that will change in a few weeks.  Other than that, I don´t think there is much to report so far.

I do need a few more shirts to work out in.  I only brought a couple cruddy shirts, and we work out every day, so yeah.  Other than that, I think I´m good! I´m excited to hear from you guys, and I´ll try to respond as soon as I can!  Love you all!

Love,
Elder Trauntvein

P.S. I just found out today about a cool website called DearElder.com.  If you make a profile on it, you can write letters for free and email them directly to the MTC, where they get printed out and put into my mailbox the same day.  That way, the mailing process is cut down to a single day instead of a week.  A lot of the elders here are using that.  It only works until I enter the mission field, but it´s still an easy way to write while I´m still in church custody.

No comments:

Subscribe