Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

From John Bennion


John Bennion wrote:

I noticed that you're on facebook. I wanted to thank you for being such a strong and professional principal when I worked in the middle school. I was not a good teacher, despite your help. After getting my PhD, I got a job teaching at BYU. I love it. One of my specialties, teaching outdoor creative writing (taking students on backpacking and hiking trips in Utah and England, came from one of your ideas. When we took the 8th grade up on Nebo, I saw the potential for something larger, so I've been doing that kind of thing in extended forms. If you're interested in seeing some of what I've been doing, go to http://www.facebook.com/l/wAQE1g7UMAQGasDH5yZl_g3yo8xvp3JR6E58hVtjwXJu6Sg/outdoorwriting.byu.edu/.

Thanks again for being a model teacher.

Leonard Trauntvein wrote:

Thank you for your compliments. I am still an avid supporter of outdoor education whether it be writing, math or science. I am pleased to see what you have done with one of my ideas. Congratulations! You were an excellent teacher. I was pleased to have you on staff. When I interviewed you to become a teacher in our school, you indicated that you had other goals. I was just happy that you gave us the best you had to give while you were at the middle school.


John Bennion wrote:
Thanks.




No comments:

Subscribe