Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

EllaDean's Son Is Stake Patriarch


EllaDean Hunter wrote: Dear Myrna
I had some very spiritual news tonight.

My son who has been a bishop in Green River, Wyoming for 4 and a half years, will be released this week end and be made Stake Patriarch.

I am so amazed that this calling could come into our family.  We are so very thankful to our Heavenly Father.  I just don't have word to explain how thankful and grateful I am.  I Love my Heavenly Father so very much.

I just wanted you to know.

Sister Hunter.

Oh and  I saw in the church news that we are getting a new temple President. That is wonderful.  It doesn't seem that it is time yet.  


Myrna wrote: I was in Texas when you sent this. My grandson returned from a mission and gave his homecoming talk. His younger brother went to the temple to receive his endowments so he can leave on his mission. 

What a wonderful thing has happened in your family. He must be a special man to receive such a spiritual calling. How proud, as well as thankful, you must be. I just want you to know how pleased we are for you and for your family. You well deserve the blessing of having a great son because you are such a good, kind and loving woman. I know that you are a great mother. We extend our congratulations to you all. 

We now know who the president is but we still have not been told who the counselors are. I will miss President Pinegar.


EllaDean wrote: Thank you Myrna.
I am very happy for him and for our whole family.  I have felt the blessings of this calling to him in  my life.

And what a wonderful thing to have happen in your family.  I think to have family members go on missions, especially our young men.  It is such a maturing event in their lives.  I have a grandson who didn't go on a mission and he has not matured spiritually as he would have.  In fact he doesn't even go to church. He baptized his wife before they were married and she doesn't want anything to do with the church.
I pray all the time for him.  Sometimes I don't feel the Lord hears my prayers.  I'm sure He does, and time is not yet.  But I keep praying.

Thank you again.  
My love to you.
EllaDean





No comments:

Subscribe