Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

From Melanie About Conference


Melanie wrote: I was wondering if you were the Mom that had written one of the letters over the years to the Apostles, just to make sure that her children, who would be listening would hear the words she had taught, but out of the mouth of the prophet. 

I am glad that Ben came down for all of conference. He is turning 19 very soon and his mission call is imminent. I keep wondering how I will feel knowing that I don't have to really worry about the choices he is making with his friends and that he will be serving the Lord. I think you can relate when you think about Eric and his friends. 

I too felt like many of the talks were meant for me. Our Stake President encouraged us to ponder and pray before Conference and go with doctrinal questions in our minds and hearts. I had never really done that. I have always gone thinking about how I just need something and the Lord will give me what I need. This time I did as instructed and found that the questions were answered and I was more than sufficiently filled. 

This was the first conference where anyone in my household has said, "Wow. Is it really over? I feel like it just started." Hearts have been changed. Even Howard stayed awake. That is a Bolton house first!

I was thinking of you and Dad the whole weekend. I am so glad that Kirsten was able to spend time with you. 

Love you.
Mel

No comments:

Subscribe