Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

I Lobster, But Never Flounder‏


I was a cook and she was a waitress,

Down at Salty Sam’s Seafood Cafe.

And somewhere near the clam juice,

Or the seaweed salad,

Some little shrimp just lured her away.



Chorus:

Oh, I lobster, but never flounder.

He wrapped his line around her

And they drove off in his carp.

I lobster, but never flounder.

I octupus his face in,

He’ll only break her heart.



Well, I said, “Just squid and leave me

For that piano tuna,

If you want to trout something new.”

She was the bass I ever had.

Now my life has no porpoise.

Oh my fin, I love her.  Yes, I do.



Chorus:



Well, I tell you friends,

I swordfish she’d come back to me.

I’d show her a whale of a time.

I’ve kelpt her picture in my walleye just for the halibut.

I wonder if she’s kelpt my picture in her perch?



Now, I said “perch.”

Some of you out there are kind of looking at me like your losing your herring or something.

I’m getting a haddock though myself up here.

I think I’d bass quit seahorsing around or you folks will go into a state of shark.

If I get out of here alive it’ll be a mackeral.

“Frankly, Scallop, I don’t give a clam.”



Chorus:

No comments:

Subscribe