Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Melanie Information on Stroke

You know if it was a TIA, like what they thought mine was, the chances of his recovery being quick are great. I don't know that you know this, but there is a Stroke Association, just like for the cancer and lung diseases. They have a fabulous website. It has a lot of information on it's web page and you can view all kinds of interactive pages to help you understand what diagnosis Todd might get and just what kinds of stroke there are. We can pray that it is a TIA, which is very manageable. http://www.stroke.org/site/PageServer?pagename=explainingstroke Hope that comforts you somewhat. The risk of having a stroke increases with certain things, but Todd and I have been trying to manage our health, we talk about it all the time. We exercise, eat right and he had his cholesterol under control. Amy and I are wondering if it had something to do with his plane flight a few weeks ago, which can increase the risk. I love you. Be comforted. Mel Myrna wrote: Is it OK if I share this with your siblings? I do worry about plane flights for both Dad, who has Factor 5, and for me, because I have distended vein walls. Melanie wrote: I'm not sure everyone wants to know all this stuff. If you feel like you need to send it you can. It was intended more just for you. Myrna wrote: I didn't send it. I asked first. Love, M

No comments:

Subscribe