Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

David is Moving!

David and family will be pulling into St. George on Saturday. That will be their new home. He is thinking that he will do the move by himself. Dad hasn't offered to show up because we have been away from the temple for so many weeks already. David has to report for work on Monday. His former boss from St. George called him last month and offered him the job, matching his pay where he now works. The family voted and decided to accept the offer so they have been making plans since. The home they are moving into is in Washington. The man did not want to rent it to them and then asked David what his last name was. He then asked him if he was related to Linda Trauntvein from Price. David said that she was his dad's cousin and the man said that he was her good friend and would, therefore, rent to them. Small world.



Melanie: Our house hasn't had any offers. Just a crowd of people tromping through every week and telling us all the things they don't like. It's a good thing I had some tough friends when I was younger, it built up a good shell...although sometimes it hurts my feelings when they say my house is too small for a family of two to live in, and the yard is WAY too small for children to play in. Hmmm...2/3 of an acre of playable yard...not sure they have been in town looking at houses comparable with less than a quarter of an acre. So, Mikaela and I hang-out every day together. It's a good thing she still likes me for the most part, or she would be completely unhinged by now.

p/s I had hoped that their move would happen after we sold our house, so that we could go and visit them. Now we will just have to stop on our way through to Nephi.

I saw that Bree had posted something to her facebook account about the move, but she didn't respond as to when it would be. I am glad that they all get their wish to move back to the area. I hope it is a good move for the whole family. I know Erin had said that she wanted to be back in St. George. Washington is a good place. Interesting how David mentioned family, and how a good name makes or breaks a deal. It reminds me of the story of, Joseph Fielding Smith (?) and the dream he had about his father asking him what had Joseph done with his name. That story made a difference in my life.

Mel


No comments:

Subscribe