Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The 1940s/1950s

What fun to remember the 1950s! I remember watching Howdy Doody with my cousins when we glued ourselves to their television on winter afternoons. At my home, we did not have television. My grandmother thought that, if we had one, we would never get our homework done. She was a teacher and had work to do in the evenings and I always had homework though, even without a television, I was not always that great about getting my homework done in a timely manner. 

I am thankful that I grew up in the 1940s/1950s world. I enjoy being reminded of the "good old days" when I was a kid and a teenager. It is sort of surprising to wake up one morning and find out that you finally grew up and you are old! I'm always older today than yesterday and younger today than tomorrow. So is everyone else. Hehehe.

No comments:

Subscribe