Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

About Commissioners

Rick would not give me a quote. He started to say some things but told me he did not want to be quoted and so I told him not to say anything. I reminded him that, as a reporter, I can quote anything that is said in open meeting or otherwise as long as I identify myself as a reporter to begin with.

Chad and Val said they were working on it. I told them that if I did not get an answer as to what was being done there would be letters to the editor. I guess you will have to decide what you want to do. Val said the Mona folk had made the issue much worse than it needed to be and he thought there should just be quiet about it for awhile. Of course, it was implied that it was women who were stirring things up. I told him I was not just getting calls from women in Mona but also from men and even from some elected officials. When they got up to 151 calls, they could tell me no one cared but I knew differently because I had had that many.

I guess I got a little hot under the collar. 

Rick told me that I should quote myself and I said that I could only do that if I were using a question and answer format. I wasn't doing that. I think he did not want to hear what I had to say. 

I guess I am not on the commissioner's favorite list. Oh, well. When I started working as a reporter as a teen, I thought people were nice. Now I know better so it doesn't really matter to me.

No comments:

Subscribe