Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So much fun that you facebook non-fans have to see it.‏


Melanie wrote: Notice the mother snowman's nose in the cartoon...where did the carrots for the jell-o salad come from?

Amy Wooten Brown: OH MY ... I love this. We mom's are always the martyrs!
WAIT ... or does this mean we cut off our noses to spite our faces?

Melanie Trauntvein Bolton: Maybe it could mean that some moms sacrifice everything for a good potluck dish!

Myrna Trauntvein: I should put this up on the fridge.

Shawn Kimberly Trauntvein: love it.

Andrew Bolton: such a statement tells the world you are a mormon from Utah!

Myrna Trauntvein: Or, at least, from the USA. From Texas to Massachusetts, all Mormons love that jell-o. At least, the ones I know do and not all of those folks came from Utah.

Amy Wooten Brown: Okay well does that include NC? Because I for one have a HUGE issue with vegetables in my jello ... fruits too for that matter!
Cool Whip! That is ALL that should ever be on jello!

Melanie Trauntvein Bolton: Fruited/vegied jell-o salad pretty much is exclusive to Utah/Idaho/Wyoming Mormons. British people love fruit and cake in their jell-o and they top it with custard and whipped cream...so, I think our love of things in jell-o can be attributed to that large influx of Brits in the 1800s.

Amy Wooten Brown: Then somehow Id like to blame my lack of appreciation for fruit/veggie filled jello on my lovely ancestors who decided the trek west was just too hard for them... come to think of it ... I have a LIST of things that I could blame on my ancestors who didn't trek west...too bad there is that convert thing! ; )

Myrna Trauntvein: Add Colorado and Texas to that list, Mel. I am the ONLY Mormon in Utah, that I know of, who prefers jell-o with NOTHING in it. I like whipping cream, whipped, on top.

Melanie Trauntvein Bolton: I never was a fan of the carrot-raisin-pineapple orange jell-o, with mayonnaise topping...most of us can say, "GROSS!"

No comments:

Subscribe