Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

More Pickles (Our family loved the play on words.)‏


From: Gordon Smith

I saw this Pickles cartoon strip in the newspaper.  I love this cartoon strip.  I always read it last.  In fact I read the comic strip page last each day.  That is the most important part of the paper to me.  I need something to smile about.  And like I said, "I read Pickles last because it is the best."

Laughing doesn't make us old.  We get old because we don't laugh.  Find something to laugh at each day even if you have to laugh at yourself.

By the way, did you know about the study which found that birthdays are good for your health?  They discovered that the more birthdays you have, the longer you live. 

I hope I have a lot of birthdays.  However only if I am in good health.  I don't want to be a burden to my wife, or children.

Lots of love to you and yours!

I hope you had a very good Christmas.

Gordon

Myrna to Gordon: We do have something in common. I read the "funnies" last each day also. I also would like to live to be really old but only if I am healthy.

I think the study is valid--the more birthdays you have the longer you live.

Our Christmas was great. How was yours?

Gordon to Myrna: I'm glad someone besides me reads the "funnies" last.  They are the most important part of the paper.

We need to smile and laugh more.

We had a great Christmas.  We had most of our family here at our house for our annual Christmas party. Whole bone in ham and all of the trimmings.  There were over fifty people here.

Keep smiling,

Gordon

No comments:

Subscribe