Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

La Navidad

This week has blown by soooo quickly! I cannot even believe that next week we have changes (transfers)! I have been working so hard to help my district members this week that I didn't have a lot of time to work in my own area and with my own companion. Thankfull, I did divisions with my district so that there was work being done in my area while I was away doing interviews and trying to help convince people that they should be afraid of getting baptized (seriously, I believe that some people believe that they are going to die if they get baptized into our church).

I have seen some miracles this week as well as some challenges. The miracles came when I applied what we had discussed in our Zone meeting on Tuesday morning. First of all, I now have such a strong testimony of living that which we teach in the church. Okay, so we talked about praying with the investigators, novel right? I have had so many struggles with getting people to pray and to try and receive revelation, but we were challenged by our Zone Leaders to pray with our investigators (well, have them pray alone while we pray, awaiting them to finish then we discuss what they feel, etc.). I had some amazing experiences where some investigators (of an area in my district) where they were kinda doubting the Joseph Smith story. The missionaries had taught them well, it's just the invesigators need to be able to pray to receive a confirmation of information like that. So I prayed with them, and in one case, the girl finished praying and she just looks at me and says, "Joseph Smith was called by Jesus Christ and God to be a prophet." I was astonished. It was also amazing the spiritual revelation that I had while I was sitting there praying for her; I was so focused on her and the revelation that I wanted her to receive that I started to feel my love for her as a daughter of God grow and I came to love her even though I wasnt even teaching her. 

Another experience came later on in the week when I went to interview our Zone Leader's investigators and the woman I was interviewing asked me for parenting advice. To be honest, the spirit to me to testify about how my parents raised me and that she need't worry if she follows certain steps and does certain things, her entire family will be blessed. I felt so much love for my eatherly parents at that point and I realized the truth of a part of my Patriarchal Blessing that states to me that I need to raise my children exactly like my parents raised me. I cried with the investigator and I expressed my love for her and for her family and the decision that she was about to make. 

I want to take the opportunity right now to testify of my love for the people here in Nicaragua and for all of you. It may seem like I complain about these people a lot, but I really just want the best for them, despite the situation this country is in. I love serving out here and know that I am here for a reason. I love that you all are praying for me and fasting for me, as it really makes a difference and gives me strength to endure the trials that I encounter here. I love my Saviour and know that He lives and loves all of us. I cannot wait for his Second Coming and I feel peace in knowing that He will come soon (ish). I love that my Father in Heaven has sent me you (all of you) to be my family/friends.

Today we had our Conferencia NavideƱa (Christmas Conference) and it was pretty cool. We had a Music and the Spoken Word segment and my Zone sang Far Far Away on Judea's Plain (?) and it rocked. Not gonna lie, we were prertty cool (or, as the Nicas say, tuanis). I talked to Hermana Arredondo for a little while and we laughed. She makes me so happy when I see her, mainly because she reminds me so much of mom. It's kinda funny how much Presidente and Hermana remind me of my own parents...like SOOOO much.

Well, until next week my friends!

-Elder B

No comments:

Subscribe