Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas

Myrna wrote: LHT/Dad wanted to invite a particular ward family over for dinner on Christmas since we will be alone. I said, "No way." He thought I was terrible. I told him I wouldn't mind fixing Christmas dinner for them and taking it to them but I really was uncomfortable just having the whole family come to dinner. He thinks they need friends, and I agree, but I am not comfortable with the two oldest of the boys. Tell me that Dad is right and I am wrong.

AnnMarie wrote:
Mom,
We have been wanting to invite you up here for Christmas Day, but we know that Julie and Jim usually do something with you.  If you have no one coming to your house, we would love to have you come here.  We have a ham and everything picked out so you can just come and play with the kids, have some dinner, and visit.  If it is too much travel or the weather is yucky, we understand.

Myrna wrote: How wonderful! Did I ever tell you that I am most grateful for you and for the fact that you always include us in your family happenings? We have so enjoyed being at the concerts. It sets the stage for the season. Thank you.

After I told Dad/LHT that we were invited to be with you and your family, he decided to just buy the ward family a ham or turkey and some dinner trimmings and gift it to them. I feel much relieved because that still shows them that someone cares but keeps me from  having to be concerned.

No comments:

Subscribe