Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

District Puerto!

So this week the first District, District Puerto Cabezas, was formed here in Nicaragua! All of the organizations have been put into place and I have felt a bit of weight lifted off of my shoulders.

Our Mission President came to speak with us, do interviews and organize the district. it was fantastic being trained and guided by our mission president as to how to become better missionaries and be lead to change. I love my mission. I know that may just sound wierd, but it is the truth. These experiences are amazing. And now 5 months of my mission have just passed me by! Wow.

While I was speaking with the President I told him how diffifcult it is to serve in a place where the church is not very well established, but that I love it here and that I love the people so much. He and I spoke for a little bit about the people and the culture. It was a good, short interview.

My comp and I are doing very well. Elder Johnson and I have been working very hard on visiting less-active recent converts. It is a lot of work to do, especially with the normal work that we have to do every day. Sometimes it seems like SO MUCH WORK, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure this may be a lot for a few missionaries to handle, I know that the Lord wouldn't have put us here if He knew that we couldn't handle it.

Thanks for the update on how all of you are. On my P-Days I love getting updates on the Fam, how you all are and how the world is (the relatively normal world).

I got the update from the church newsroom about the Groundbreaking and I almost cired. I just thought about how happy I would be if they announced a temple for Nicaragua (based on how much I love these people) and I thought about how much Dad loves Italy. So yeah. There were almost tears. :)

On Saturday night I was talkiong to a bishop from Managua, who had come to work on the Chapel here in Puerto. He and I were discussing the culture of the Gospel and the conflict with the culture here in this city. It was a nice chat that helped me understand that these people will change, little by little and adapt to the culture of the Gospel. He also gave me some great ideas to motivate the people to action here. ;)

Mom-The package can have ties, chocolate, socks, pens, etc. Those are great ideas!
Dad-I'll contact the chambón (lazy boy).

I love you all so much...and this week I'll be on top of things and actually remember my agenda...

Love, Elder Braden D. Bolton



No comments:

Subscribe